Cleaning and rebuilding process
We use modern ultrasonic machines designed for cleaning boat and all other gas fuel injectors.
- We visually inspect the injectors and pre-clean if necessary.
- We electronically test the injectors.
- We strip the replaceable components off of the injectors
- We ultrasonic clean the injectors for 30 minutes then inspect them.
- We ultrasonic clean them for another 30 minutes if necessary.
- We reverse flow them for 10 minutes.
- We flow clean the injectors for up to 3 hours depending on how the injectors perform.
- We record the results, then provide a report to you.
- We purge the injectors of process fluids and pack/ship them to you.
Why clean injectors at all?
Because fuel injectors get dirty and cause your engine to underperform.
Out of sight, out of mind, right? A carburetor is in your face. An injector is buried under a million hoses and harnesses. They are easy to ignore. They are in or next to the hottest part of the engine and yet in a car, they run for several hundred thousand miles. In a boat, they have to survive winter layups, water and constant high loads.
Like a car, you are probably unaware that your injectors are getting plugged up and running at less that 100%. Your computer can make up for this for a while, then when it no longer can, you notice poor performance or poor gas mileage. You may even see hard starts and smell gas once in a while from fuel injectors that stick open.
In a boat, your clue to plugged fuel injectors can be anything from long on-plane time, plugs that have changed color, a tune up didn’t help the engine run better, rough operation or hard starting. In a car, you notice performance or gas mileage drop, a tune up didn’t fix your performance issues including mileage, or the things mentioned above.
Do you need more information? You can call us at any time at 727-459-8394 to see if we can give you some advice or help you get your engine running at peak performance today.
Florida Injection Service cleans and rebuilds Mercury Optimax Side feed and air injectors for $35.00 each. Return shipping to Florida customers is free!